Tuesday, June 01, 2004

He Jumped :^(

My boss left in a hurry. A call from his dog walker prompted him to rush home. It seems his dog Jackson was no where to be found in the house. Jackson the Akita mix was missing. There are very few times I’ve ever heard my boss’ voice shaken, but this was one of them. He often referred to Jackson as his “boy”, more a confidant than an animal. His dog definitely meant the world to him. I did not hear back from my boss today. Instead the vice-president stood in the doorway of his office with a look of complete consternation. I took off my headphones. “What’s the matter?” “Jackson’s dead.” “How?” “He jumped out the window.” This did not surprise me. Jackson was a bit neurotic and had precariously balanced himself on the window ledge a few months earlier. It’s easy to joke his dog was suicidal, but I would have never thought this would have happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home