Sunday, September 26, 2004

[Real Life] Folsom Street Fair

OK, so the Folsom Street Fair is happening today but I cannot be bothered to go. With as many people out in the Castro yesterday around 1 PM the thought of a large crowd makes me want hole-up and hide until tomorrow. I can understand why people go to such an event, it must feel liberating to go out and be on display-- truly an occasion to bring what’s reserved for one’s bedroom (or dungeon as the case may be) and share with devotees and dilatants alike. However working in “The Industry” sex is more or less an everyday occurrence. Fetishes are the norm and I see sex itself as not much more than commodity. Seeing people flogged or flaunting their latest purchase from Mr. S Leather and not getting paid weighs heavily as to why I’m staying away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home