Monday, April 18, 2005

[Real Life] OK Freud, Interpret

An email to Trickybrit: I'm very tired this morning. I was dreaming that I was drowning in garbage, but not like refuse from houses, but trash from big retail stores. So I was drowning in packages of that wrapped taffy you can buy during Christmas with the little green tree in the center. This black guy on a garbage tractor was driving by. I thought he was going to hit me but he missed. I called out for him save me but he was wearing headphones be-bopping to Juice Newton so I just sank and sank until only my hand was above the candy. It was horrible.

OK Freud, interpret.

Trickybrit's response:

OOO! I love analyzing dreams! Even though my favourite online dictionary isn’t working lately. anyway...

To see piles of garbage in your dream, forewarns of scandal and that you need to change your old ways and bad habits. And the fact that you were drowning in it??? No good. And to see or eat candy in your dream, symbolizes the joys and special treats in life. It also represents indulgence, sensuality and/or forbidden pleasure. So the fact that you were drowning in candy garbage means you need to like totally chill out and check yo self before you is be wreckin yoself. It also means that you are a jew. And god smites jews.

You know what your dream reminded me of? That scene at the end of Terminator II when he goes into the molten lava at the end until just his hand is sticking up and then (because apparently when your entire body is melted, you can still control your hand) he gives the thumbs-up sign. That’s awesome. Did you give the thumbs up amidst the trash in your dream?? Because if not, you go back to bed right now and redream it right this time!

2 Comments:

At 4/19/2005 11:22:00 AM, Blogger trickybrit said...

ew now everyone will want me to analyze their dreams because i am always so right on and can predict the future. thanks for filling up my inbox you whore!! ;)

 
At 4/19/2005 01:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if maybe your dream was influenced by the scene from Hedwig, where she meets her chocolate sugar daddy while sunbathing in the rubble and eats all that candy he brings her. Let me bring it to my psychodynamics teacher this week and ask her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home