Wednesday, June 09, 2004

I’ll take part of what I wrote yesterday back

I’ll take part of what I wrote yesterday back. Walking to the Mission can be as interesting as listening to the junkies on the bus. Amazingly at 8:30 this morning above the BART station at 16th Street, the Mission had its very own cantor. Wide wild eyes, she was belting out the crazy at the top of her lungs. Heavy pendulous breast hung down her rather plump front side. Her breasts parted as she sucked in the air for her next bar of verse. She started stomping to her incantation and people on the pedestrian portion of their commutes tried to stay at a comfortable distance. I however am not like other people and I proceeded right up next to her at the corner. She threw her head towards me, her eyes a big as moons, “Don’t you know! Don’t you know! Don’t you know!” she wailed as the chorus. Looking into those eyes I said, “I do.” She stomped her feet five times and breathed in a bottomless breath. I however had to cross the street and left her there as she serenaded me with “He knows! He knows! He knows!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home