Monday, January 27, 2003

I was pushing my roommate into the oven when I heard a loud crash and felt sprinkles of water hitting my face. I had actually been dreaming and while I was pushing him into the oven, I was actually knocking over the glass of water I had at my bedside. Who needs coffee to wake one up in the morning when they have a chore to do right away! I was up and out of bed in seconds. The spill was cleaned up and I was ready to start my day. Over the hill I went to meet FF to go to the gym. He was late so I waited fifteen extra minutes for him to show up. In that time I saw one of my coworkers, watched the lights change over eleven times and saw a homeless man pee on the sidewalk. I’m not sure the gym is doing me any good. Of course, it could just be the fact that I eat like a pig so I’m not seeing any visible results. Why does tapioca pudding have to taste so darn good? I need to buckle down with a nutritional plan, shed twenty pounds and put on at least ten in muscle. Of course I want this all to be done by March 1st, but I suppose March 2nd is more realistic ;^D I wasn’t very nice to FF this morning. Well, more like I wasn’t very talkative. That all changed after working out. My mood was lighter and I was feeling better. Of course things were bound to change. This afternoon when I got to work three women were walking down the hall slinging 'tude like cornbeef hash on a griddle. I was trying to walk down the hall and the three of them where walking side by side talking and taking up all the space and chugging straight for me. This big chick said, "Oh no she didn't! Girl, I tell you, she's just a ho! Did you see her and her big bootie dancin' out on the flo'?" Fearful of being run over I stepped into a door jam so I wouldn’t get hurt. None of the women broke formation. This pissed me off. I hate when people aren’t courteous. Not wanting to miss the opportunity I said snidely, "Pardon me!" The trash talking big chick turned around and rolled her eyes at me. So I said, "Honey, this is a place of work. Leave the ghetto at your home in Bay View. Shoot." Her two friends exploded in laughter. I could tell she was pissed. And why wouldn’t she be— her friends were all over the wall. Luckily being in the door jam saved me from getting any of their funky bits on my clothes. :^D Spring semester 2003 started today. I begrudgingly went back to classes this evening starting out with Writers on Writing. For the next few months I’ll be reading one book per week, average 230 pages, and writing one paper per week on the book I’ve read totaling no less than 1500 words. Can you say, “FUN?” Remember this is just for the one class. Luckily when I showed up for class I ran into a chica I had class with last semester. She and I sat towards the back of the class and imitated Waldorf & Statler from The Muppet Show. Every class should have snide hecklers! We capped on just about everybody. I could not believe how many dullards were in the class! “Um, it says here we have to read ten of the eleven books. Does that mean we have to read all of them?” Next to us sat the infamous D. He didn’t have his usual posse with him, but he provided a lot of comic relief. After class I went to meet up with the sassy Lady M! She’s the foxiest woman this side of the bay! We caught up on what we’ve been up to. She shared with me some sordid little details of what she had been doing up in Tahoe. All I can say is, HOT DOG!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home