Friday, January 31, 2003

Wednesday night after the gym on my walk down 25th Street home a very large masked bandit ran past me and up a stairway. He turned around and shook his little fist at me. I love raccoons. As a little kid I played with raccoon babies often. One of my dad’s friends always seemed to be taking care of abandoned raccoons who’s parents were killed by vehicles. The only things about baby raccoons are they get older and became more mischievous and destructive. The corner raccoon wasn’t happy about seeing me. He stood his ground and we had a staring contest. Then I spat some water at him and laughed. I walked away and he soon ran back down the stairs and up Noe. I got my performance review at work yesterday which was very favorable. The unfortunate thing about the whole process is that I’m only going to get a 3% raise since that is all they give anyone. Plus it will be prorated since I didn’t start working for the company until July. C’est la vie! My class last night was Short Story II. Among my peers were Cocky, the Fonz, and Dumb McGluck. Ought to be an interesting sememster. I just finished up my laundry. Of course I didn't have enough quarters so I had to schlep down the street to the bank, get a 20, break it at the bagel shop (which is horrid!) and trek back to LaunderLand. The place was quite this morning. I think there were only three other people in there as I did my laundry. I only took up 5 washers this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home