Friday, January 31, 2003

There's a car alarm going off outside my window. Does anyone care? Probably not. Car alarms are like the Special Olympics or telethons. No one pays attention to them unless they are directly involved. I had a delightful co-worker named Bob who was so much fun to be around. He liked to compete in relays and shooting hoops. He was pretty good too and I never saw anyone happier when they won a metal. I miss Bob and our daily interactions. He used to say, “Eric is my best friend, isn’t that right Eric.” He was too cute. I "helped" M and F move today. Yeah, that's what I'm calling it. Really all I did was stand around and gab while some laborers did all the work. I tell you, gabbing really is hard work. My jaw gets so tired (keep your minds in the gutter...) I forgot to write that I got my performance review at work. Or did I write about it? In any case I did phenomenally well. So well that my supervisor said that if I don’t like anything she’s written I can edit the forms and then give them to her to sign. I asked for more hours and I’m probably going to get them. The only downside to my review is that I’m not going to get much of a raise. Three percent and it’s going to be prorated since I’ve only been with the company since July and since they do their reviews at the beginning of the year—that’s just what happens. She also mentioned that we probably aren’t getting bonuses this year. I didn’t know we got bonuses to begin with! So no skin off my nose, I probably would only get a prorated one anyway :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home